>Milwaukee County Literary Organizations
From: The History of Milwaukee The Western Historical Company, Chicago A.T. Andreas Proprietor, 1881
Organized February 12, 1879, at Bader's Hall, on Fourth street, near State. The charter
Dr. J.E. Birkhaeuser
Julius E. Franke
The first officers elected were:
F. Lenz, President; F. Nevermann, Vice-President; F. Ryff, Secretary; D. Kleinmann, Book-keeper;
F. Schmidt, Treasurer; F. Balzer, Door-keeper. The present membership is fifty. Following
are the officers: Chas. Jacob, President; Frank Ryff, Vice President; Robert Moeller, Secretary;
Wm. Zeunert, Book-keeper; D. Schweer, Treasurer; H. Graefe, Librarian; Ernst Eckhart,
Door-keeper; Trustees, Geo Zink, Jul. E. Franke, and Fred. Wendt.
This society has a library, and meets every two weeks at the hall, southesast corner
of Prairie and Third street.