This inactive cemetery was formerly on the east bank of Fowler Lake in Oconomowoc Village, now Oakwood Avenue north of the location of the Oconomowoc Cemetery, Oconomowoc City, Section 33, Oconomowoc Township.
Henshall Place was established before 1851. According to The History of Waukesha County, Wisconsin, 1880, "Before the Oconomowoc Cemetery was laid out, the people had a burial ground on what is known as Henshal Place." Dr. James A. Henshall was a wealthy physician who owned 72 acres of land on the east bank of Fowler Lake. He came to Oconomowoc in 1865 and was the first village president and mayor and noted fishing expert. This area is now developed and there is no trace of the cemetery.
There are no known cemetery records.
At the Waukesha County Museum is information about the cemetery.
There are no transcriptions online for this cemetery.