Oak Grove Cemetery
Also known as the Presbyterian Cemetery
and Potter's Field
Eagle Township, Waukesha County, Wisconsin
Oak Grove Cemetery is an inactive cemetery located on the west side of Highway 67 about 1 mile south of the village (at the entrance of Old World Wisconsin).
From Eagle Quill, Nov. 10, 1922
Again there has been a generous response to call for funds for Grove Cemetery, the old cemetery that is one of Eagle's historic landmarks and whose organization was perfected by articles of incorporation in 1853. The names attached to the old record are Albert Vedder, chairman; Alexander Winne, secretary, Francis Draper, Isaac Severance, John C. Snover, John James, William C. Cook, Ferrand Bigelow, Sidney Vedder, Jacob Way, William Phelan, David Jaycox, Daniel Bronson.
Following the first meeting held at the Milwaukee & Mississippi Railroad hotel there are noted the following persons who are active in directing the affairs of the cemetery up to 1867, P.V. Bovee, Charles Bronson, D.G. Snover, Dr. Salisbury, F.G. Parks, John Hage. It is a fitting tribute to these early pioneers that their descendants, and other public spirited people, have been so willing to fence the cemetery and have it cleaned up.
The words of appreciation in the letters that were received give assurance that Eagle has a stone place in the hearts of many off its former boys and girls, now far from their childhood home, but whose sentiments are deep for the last resting place of loved ones who have passed on."