Waukesha County Biographies

Surnames Starting with:
[ A ] [ B ] [ C ] [ D ]
[ E ] [ F ] [ G ] [ H ]
[ I ] [ J ] [ K ] [ L ]
[ M ] [ N ] [ O ] [ P ]
[ Q ] [ R ] [ S ] [ T ]
[ U ] [ V ] [ W ] [ Y ] & [ Z ]


Source: A Complete Record of the John Olin Family, by C.C. Olin, Historian, 1893; Baker-Randolph Co. Printers, Indianapolis

Althea A. Olin was born in Canton, New York, January 22, 1821. She was married to Emory L. Fuller, in Canton, New York, January 25, 1843. They soon after removed to Waukesha, Wisconsin,, where they lived for a few years; then they bought a farm at Omro, Wisconsin, and improved it, but in a few years they sold out and removed to Northfield, Minnesota......

Mrs. Fuller was a woman of mild and amiable disposition. She had no enemies, and all that formed her acquaintance saw at once her kindness toward her neighbors and friends; and very body that chanced to know her, felt that they were in the presence of a noble woman. Her children idolized her for her remarkable interest in their welfare....



Source: A Complete Record of the John Olin Family, by C.C. Olin, Historian, 1893; Baker-Randolph Co. Printers, Indianapolis

Died, in San Francisco, California, April 29, 1883, Ansel Solomon Olin in the sixtieth year of his age. Was a brother of C.C. and O.Z. Olin of our village (Waukesha, Wisconsin). Mr. Olin was born in Canton, St. Lawrence county, New York, June 2, 1923. He was the eighth son of Thomas D. and Experience M. Olin. Was raised and worked on his father's farm until he was twenty years of age; arrived at Waukesha, October, 1843, where he made it his home until the year 1849 when the great rush overland took him with thousands of others to the land of gold, where he remained until his death. While at Waukesha he was most of the time engaged in the livery business. He was a wide- awake, generous man, often too much for his own good; always full of fun and frolic, and would give and take a joke equal to the best of them. While in California he was most of his time in the livery and stage business. He married late in life in his adopted State, but left only an estimable wife to mourn his loss. This is the first death from a family of eight sons; oldest 81 years, youngest 65 year; combined ages of eight brothers are five hundred and forty-three years. Such cases of longevity are very scarce in these modern days.



Source: A Complete Record of the John Olin Family, by C.C. Olin, Historian, 1893; Baker-Randolph Co. Printers, Indianapolis

Daniel A. Olin, of the living children of Joseph and Huldah Olin was born in Canton, St. Lawrence county, New York, June 3, 1826. He lived on the farm with his father and worked as all boys are wont to do in summer, and in winter he attended district school. After becoming of age, he attended several terms in the "Canton Academy" and taught for one or two terms in winter. At the age of twenty-four, he was married to Sarah Sweet, of new York, and soon after emigrated to the West. In 1851, he entered into the employment of the Chicago, Milwaukee & St. Paul Railway, when the road had only reached Waukesha. He was one of the first employes of the road and remained with them for over forty years. He held various positions on the road, from conductor on a gravel train to Assistant General Superintendent of the whole system, which is one of the most extensive roads in the Western country. in less than two years after his marriage, his wife died, leaving one child. In 1854, he married Miss Marietta Teale, at Port Washington, Wisconsin. She bore one child, which died in infancy. For many years Mr. Olin's residence was in Milwaukee. He was several times a member of the city council, and most of the time while in office he was president of the common council. On his assuming his duties of the office of General Superintendent of the Southwestern Division of the Chicago, Milwaukee & St. Paul Railway, he moved his residence to the city of Racine, where he still resides. Mr. Olin was better known as a successful railroad official than any other man in the State of Wisconsin. He was twice elected Mayor of the city, and, no doubt, it was through his influence that the city was supplied with water-works. Since 1848, he has acted with the Democratic party, but he is not an active politician. Both he and his wife are members of the Episcopal Church. Mr. Olin was held the office of vestryman for many years. he is also a man of high standing in the Masonic Fraternity and in most of the orders connected with that body in the State. Under the administration of Governor Bashford, he was appointed Aid-de-Camp, with the title of Colonel. Mrs. Olin was elected, in 1881, a member of the Board of Trustees of the Taylor Orphan Asylum, located in Racine, and is now a member of the Board of Managers of the Wisconsin Industrial School for Girls. During the civil war, Mrs. Olin was an active worker, and no doubt it was through her influence, with that of others, that the Soldiers' Home was located in Milwaukee, as the ladies of the State had raised some $110,000, which was given to the government on condition that the Home be located there.

Mr. and Mrs. Olin have a beautiful home in the city of Racine, and as Mr. Olin has retired from active life on account of feeble health, they are trying to enjoy their well-spent lives in this home upon the shores of Lake Michigan. In 1890, mr. and Mrs. Olin, on account of feeble health, took a trip to Europe, in the home that it might be a benefit to them. Landing at Bremen, they spent several weeks at Carlsbad, then extending their journey to Germany, Switzerland, Dijon, Paris and London. During their absence they saw much that was interesting and enjoyable, and, as Mrs. Olin says, have "lived it all over many times since, during the lagging days of convalescence."



Source: A Complete Record of the John Olin Family, by C.C. Olin, Historian, 1893; Baker-Randolph Co. Printers, Indianapolis

James M. Olin, a pioneer farmer, was born October 1, 1820; son of Joseph and Huldah Smith-Olin, both natives of Vermont, and of Welsh descent. He was born in Canton, St. Lawrence county, New York,, and there raised until 1844, when he came West with the tide of emigration, and settled at Waukesha, then at Fond du Lac, where he remained until 1848. He then moved to the town of Omro [Wisconsin] and settled on the farm he now owns.......



Source: A Complete Record of the John Olin Family, by C.C. Olin, Historian, 1893; Baker-Randolph Co. Printers, Indianapolis

(his wife died in Mukwonago) Deacon Justin Olin died, in the village of Dartford November 18, 1863, Deacon Justin Olin in the seventy-seventh year of his age. He was born in Shaftsbury, Vermont, April 11, 1788. In the year 1812 he removed to St. Lawrence county, New York, just in time to go with his brothers, Thomas D. and Joseph Olin, to Ogdensburg to help drive Red Coats (British) back across the River St. Lawrence to their hiding places. After the war he purchased a farm in what was then called the Olin settlement; labored hard upon said farm for twenty one years and raised a large family. In the year 1833 he removed to the State of Ohio where he remained six years. In the year 1839 he came to the territory of Wisconsin and had, in common with others the hardships and privations incident to the settlement of a new country. He had lived for the last sixteen years in the village of Dartford, where he will be missed by a large circle of friends and relations. As a Christian he leaves a bright record. He was sixty years a member of the Baptist Church and about forty years officiated as a deacon; he was a working, active Christian, living to do good. The death of such a man seems a public calamity. It is taking a veteran soldier from the ranks while facing the foe. "He being dead yet speaketh;" "His works follow him." His prayers and Godly life will remain heard after his tongue is silent in the grave. For a few months previous to his death he was confined to his room and in a measure deprived of his mental faculties. When one of his sons, who lives at a distance, was bidding him farewell a short time before his death, he remarked to him, "Father, I may never see you again." "Well," exclaimed the old man, "take Christ with you." A very excellent discourse was preached at the Methodist Church by Rev. mr. Work, of Ripon. Among the mourners who followed him to the grave was his aged companion, who survives him.



Source: A Complete Record of the John Olin Family, by C.C. Olin, Historian, 1893; Baker-Randolph Co. Printers, Indianapolis

Mary A. Church, wife of Chauncey C. Olin, was born in Fairhaven, Vermont, July 24, 1824. Her parents removed, soon after her birth, to Chazy, New York, where they had an older daughter residing, but their stay in that rough and uninviting country was of short duration. Their next move was to Cattaraugus county, New York. Even that country was not to their liking, and the far off Wisconsin had been heralded as really the "land of promise." Late in the fall of 1835 they took their departure upon about the last vessel that left Buffalo for Milwaukee, arriving there after a very boisterous trip, and were landed on the beach in the Milwaukee Bay in a furious storm. Milwaukee in 1835 was hardly known and nearly all of the inhabitants were French and Indians, but "where there is a will there is a way." They set about providing a place for the winter, as it was then near the first of December. Mr. Church, the father of the subject of this sketch, lived and provided for his family in Milwaukee for three or four years, when they moved to Prairieville, now Waukesha, and lived with Thomas H. Olin, who had married Sarah A. Church, an older sister, in 1837. Here is where Miss Church met Mr. Olin. They were married March 9, 1843. The result of this union was six children, the records of whom will be found following this sketch. Mrs. Olin usually enjoyed good health, but after her children were born and grown to maturity her health began to fail. In 1884 she received a stroke of paralysis from which she never fully recovered. She was sent to the hospital in Chicago in the hopes of obtaining relief, and her family were much encouraged for a time, but soon after her return from home she received a second stroke of paralysis, and from that time her decline was rapid, and she finally passed away June 5, 1888. Mrs. Olin was a great sufferer the last three years of her life, but her patience through it all was an example to those around her. She was a professed Christian, and had been foremost in her labor as organist, and also with the aid of her voice in sustaining choir music in the Congregational Church in Waukesha in an early day. Her children were very dear to her and she felt a great interest in their welfare. the oldest daughter, Mary E. Olin Sheldon, died previous to her death, but there still remain four children, one son and three daughters-the son and one daughter married and two daughters unmarried.



Source: A Complete Record of the John Olin Family, by C.C. Olin, Historian, 1893; Baker-Randolph Co. Printers, Indianapolis

Milicent A. Olin, youngest daughter of Thomas d. and Experience M. Olin, was born in Canton, St. Lawrence county, New York, August 28, 1831. She being the youngest of thirteen children was, of course, the pet of the family. She commenced her school days at an early age, the school-house being near her father's dwelling. She was a great book-worm, reading everything that came in her way. By the time she was sixteen years old she was qualified to teach, and her first school was commenced in the West. As she had made up her mind that was to be her occupation, she left her father's house and emigrated to Wisconsin, commencing to teach at once. She was a success in every sense of the word in that chosen occupation. After teaching a number of years she took a position as assistant postmaster in Waukesha, Wisconsin, under her brother O. Z. Olin, who had been appointed postmaster at that place, June 26, 1866. She was married to Albert Kendrick, M.D., of Waukesha. She bore him one child, which died in infancy. Soon after the death of the child she was taken quite ill and remained in that condition for three or four years. Dr. Kendrick removed her to a warmer climate, Vineland, new Jersey, in hopes that it would be for her benefit, but the disease had made such inroads upon her constitution that she died July 1, 1869, in her thirty-eighth year of her age. At her request her remains were removed to Waukesha for burial. Mrs. Kendrick was a devoted Christian woman, having united with the church at an early age, and in her last hours she felt that Christ was her support in every time of need. It was our lot, I and my brother, O.Z. Olin, to be with her for a few days just before she died, and she felt so thankful that her brothers had come to see her before she departed this life. She said words of comfort and joy to brothers and sisters that were still alive and wanted them all to live in the expectation to meet her in the better country.



Source: A Complete Record of the John Olin Family, by C.C. Olin, Historian, 1893; Baker-Randolph Co. Printers, Indianapolis

A Sketch of the Life of Nelson Olin

Nelson Olin, who is in his eighty-fourth year has been in this country for more than fifty-seven years. He still enjoys a comfortable degree of health, and expects to live to attend the World's Columbian Exposition next year and,, perhaps,, one or two of the "reunions" of the Olin family before he is called home.

He is one of the pioneers of Wisconsin; was born in the town or Canton, St. Lawrence county, New York, May 22, 1909. Is a son of Thomas Dickens and Experience Milicent Conkey-Olin, of Welch and Scotch descent. He left his native town April 25, 1835, bound for Green Bay, Wisconsin. Arrived there on the 26th day of May, and on the 26th of June left there for Milwaukee. The passage from Green Bay to Milwaukee was made on a steamboat Michigan, the first steamer that dropped anchor in Milwaukee harbor. The next morning he took a job to shingle and enclose the first store erected in Milwaukee. In the same season of 1835 he made a contract to build Water street from Wisconsin street to Walker's Point, a distance of one-half mile. He also took a contract to build Wisconsin street rom the river to the lake, distance one-half mile, to be finished in the year 1836, for the sum of $3,000. In the fall of 1835 he purchased five lots in Milwaukee of Solomon Juneau, an old Indian trader, and who was the founder of Milwaukee. The five lots at the time were worth $150 each, but soon rose to $1,000. These lots were situated on Milwaukee street, and altogether were worth $100,000. He also purchased 140 acres of government land at #1.25 per acre about three miles outside of the city, which has since become a part of the city, which he sold for $18 per acre after holding it for a few years, and to-day that piece of property is worth $250,000.

But in the fall of 1836 property was down to low water mark, and hard times were felt by all. But such as held on to their property are now rich. At that time there was nothing to support the towns that were springing up all over the territory. four had gone up to $20 per barrel, pork $40 and potatoes $4 per bushel. As he had been brought up on a farm he thought it best to get out of the village and on to a arm,, where he could raise his own living. In the winter of 1837 he moved to Waukesha, and his business for the next ten years was farming and milling. He secured good property at Waukesha, but the country around there was getting too old for him, and November 20, 1846, he moved to Omro, Wisconsin, where he has resided for the last forty years.

In politics he was formerly a Republican, but for quite a number of years he has voted the prohibition ticket, and as he is now eighty-five years of age he expects to vote in that direction until he is called to depart this life, or until rum is banished from the land. He has four children living, two sons and two daughters. His youngest dater has become a grandmother.



Source: Journal of the executive proceedings of the Senate of the United States of America, 1789-1873

MONDAY, April 19, 1869.
To the Senate of the United States:
I nominate O. Z. Olin to be deputy postmaster at Waukesha, in the county of Waukesha and State of Wisconsin, in place of O. Z. Olin, whose term of office expired 11th of March, 1869.--U. S. Grant.

Orson Z. Olin

Source: A Complete Record of the John Olin Family, by C.C. Olin, Historian, 1893; Baker-Randolph Co. Printers, Indianapolis

O.Z. Olin was born in Canton, St. Lawrence County, New York, April 24, 1819. Lived on his father's farm until he became of age. He emigrated to the territory of Wisconsin in 1844 and settled in Waukesha, and has resided there up to the present time, which has been more than forty-nine years. He has lived in his present home thirty-six years. The first few years were spent in farming, milling, and merchandising. In about 1854 he took a position on the Chicago, Milwaukee & St. Paul Railway. For some years he ran what was called a "Wild Train," to remove wood, gravel or other material that the company needed in the building of the road west of the Mississippi river. After a few years he became a passenger conductor and held the position until the company insisted hat if necessary to move trains he should violated the Sabbath by taking out the train the same as on other days. But Mr. Olin was a Christian man and did not believe in violating the Sabbath, and the result was that he left the road rather than to stultify his conscience in that way. In 1861 he was appointed postmaster in Waukesha, which office he held for eleven years. It can be truthfully said that a more popular or faithful postmaster Waukesha never had, and it was on account of political favoritism that he was succeeded by another man. It was regretted by three-fourths of the patrons of the office that such a state of affairs existed. Since 1872 Mr. Olin has been in the insurance and real estate business until within a few months. He has been a member of the Congregational Church at Waukesha since 1844. He held the office of deacon for thirty five years without interruption. Was clerk and treasurer o the church for forty-one years. He was married to Lucy L. Church in 1846. the result of this marriage was a family of five children. The oldest, Emeliine, died at the age of nine years, and Milton a. at the age of twenty-six. Harvey C. holds the position of chief clerk of the Union Stock Yards & Transit Company of Chicago. Nora L. is a music teacher in the public schools of Waukesha, besides having private classes in music in various parts of the village. She is a thorough musician and expects to make that her life work. The whole family are musicians of no mean order, having made music a study all their lives. Milton A., who died in 1876, was a thoroughly educated musician. He was an excellent performer on either the piano or organ, and was gifted with a fine voice. Orson Z., Jr. the youngest son, has an enviable position at cashier of the J.I. Case Threshing Machine Company at Racine, Wisconsin. More will be said of this family in the record proper.

Mr. Olin is now in his seventy-fourth year, and but few men of his age are so well preserved, although he can not now be called a robust man. But he is able to be about and seems to enjoy life more than the majority of men of his age. He had a mishap a few months since in falling, in which he fractured one of the bones in one of his hips, but he is now well of that, and there is no reason why he should not enjoy life for a good many years yet, as he is from a long-lived family, his father living until he was eighty-two years old.

Previous to Mr. Olin's coming to Wisconsin he was married to Emiline Hosley, of Canton, New York, March 1, 1843. She had one child, which died August 6, 1846, in Waukesha. His wife died March 21, 1846, at Waukesha, of consumption. The child survived her only a few months and died of the same disease.



Source: A Complete Record of the John Olin Family, by C.C. Olin, Historian, 1893; Baker-Randolph Co. Printers, Indianapolis

Detroit Michigan, March 6, 1893

Rollin C., eldest son of Thomas H. and Sarah A. Olin, was born near what was then Prairieville, now Waukesha, Wisconsin, Aug. 17, 1839. His education was begun in the public schools of his native town, and continued in the private school of Prof. L.I. Root and the preparatory department of Carroll College. When he was at the age of fourteen his parents removed to Northfield, Minnesota......

Source: The History of Detroit and Michigan, By Silas Farmer, 1889

Rollin Charles Olin, M.D. of Detroit was born near Waukesha, Wisconsin, August 17, 1839. His parents, Thomas H. and Sarah (Church) Olin, were of Welsh-Irish descent, and their ancestors settled in Vermont at an early date. The great-great-grandfather of R.C. Olin settled in Rhode Island, and was a revolutionary soldier under General Greene. Thomas H. Olin was a farer, and when his son was five years old, removed with his family to Waukesha, and was for several years engaged in the milling business. He afterward settled on a farm in Northfield, Minnesota, where he remained until a short time before his death, in July 1883. His wife is still living and resides with her son in Detroit.

R.C. Olin remained at home during his earlier years, receiving the best educational advantages that the schools of his native place afforded, and subsequently attending for one year Carroll College at Waukesha. He then decided to adopt the calling of a teacher, and as a preparation to that end entered the State Normal School at Winona, Minnesota. At the end of his second term the war of the Rebellion began, and in August, 1861, he enlisted as a private in Company B, of the Third Minnesota Infantry. Promotions to a Second Lieutenancy and then to a First Lieutenancy soon after followed, and while acting in the latter capacity he took part in the battles of Pittsburgh Landing, Shiloh, and Murfreesboro. In the last named engagement his regiment was captured, and all the officers then present except Lieutenant Olin and two others were sent to Libby Prison. Lieutenant Olin was paroled with the regiment and went to the parole barracks at St. Louis, remaining until September, 1865, when the regiment, with himself as the only commissioned officer present for duty, was ordered to the Minnesota frontier in aid in subduing an insurrection of the Sioux Indians, his command forming part of the Army of the Northwest, commanded by General Pope. During the campaign Lieutenant Olin was appointed Judge Advocate of the military commission which tried four under Sioux Indians for insurrection, twenty-eight of whom were executed. While acting as commander of the regiment in the notable encounters at yellow medicine and Lone Tree Lane, where many Union soldiers were killed, Lieutenant Olin attracted the favorable attention of General Sibley, and after this campaign was appointed on his staff as Adjutant General, with the rank of Captain, and served in this capacity during General Sibley's subsequent expedition against the Indians on the Missouri river. In 1863, in which three pitched battles were fought, more available at googlebooks.com.



Source: A Complete Record of the John Olin Family, by C.C. Olin, Historian, 1893; Baker-Randolph Co. Printers, Indianapolis

Thomas H. Olin was born June 15, 1811. His early life was spent on this father's farm. At the age of twenty-one he entered the Potsdam Academy. After attending two or three terms, he commenced teaching in St. Lawrence county, but, after following this occupation for a time, he concluded to go West, and, on the 25th of April, 1834, he left for Cleveland, Ohio. On arriving there, he commenced at once to teach. About this time, wonderful stories were told about Wisconsin. Accordingly he, with another older brother, Nelson, who joined him at Cleveland, took their departure to Green Bay. After three weeks' sailing, they arrived safely at their destination. It was not long after their arrival before they met Solomon Juneau, the founder of Milwaukee. He gave them such glowing accounts of the new country, that they went directly to Milwaukee with him, and landed on the 17th day of June, 1835. It was then an Indian trading post, with more Indians than white men, but they made a start in the embryo city, bought property and prospered.

In the meantime, Thomas had been in Prairieville (now Waukesha), and made a claim on some government land, and, after a residence of two years in Milwaukee, returned to Waukesha to live on the farm, and began to make himself a home.

In the fall of 1842, he was elected to the Territorial Legislature (Milwaukee, Washington, and Waukesha counties being in his district). His colleagues were Andrew E. Elmore, Benjamin Hunkins, Jonathan Parsons, Jared Thompson, and George Walker. The first session the Legislature convened December 5, 1842. The second session convened December 4, 1843. The first session of 1842 was of short duration, as Governor Duane Doty refused to recognize them, no appropriation having been made by the Congress of the United States to pay the expenses of the session. On the 10th inst. an adjournment was had, but the Legislature was subsequently called together by the proclamation of the Governor, and the session continued until the 17th of March, at which time they adjourned without date. The second session, in 1843 and 1844, was a short one only-from December 4, 843 to January 31, 1844. mr. Olin might have been re-elected for another term, but he refused further honor in that direction. In 1855, he sold his farm and removed to Northfield, Minn., and purchased a farm near that village, it being a new country at the time.....

Mr. Olin was a Christian man in every sense of the word. He was a leading member of the Congregational Church at Waukesha, and when he removed to Minnesota, he took his religion with him. He helped to organize the first Congregational Church at Northfield, Minnesota, and was one of the deacons from its first organization until his death. A good man has passed away, and his influence will be felt throughout all coming time. As he was known as a consistent and worthy living Christian, that he lived to benefit mankind, and especially to set a good example before his family, his neighbors and the world at large.

Many a tear was shed by his brethren in the church when the news came to them that his work was finished and that he had passed from earth.

Thomas Olin

Source: History of Dakota County and the City of Hastings, including the Explorers and Pioneers of Minnesota , and Outlines of the History of Minnesota". By Rev. Edward D. Neill and J. Fletcher Williams. Published in Minneapolis by North Star Publishing Company, 1881 Page 500

Thomas H. Olin, was born in St. Lawrence county, New York, in 1811. He remained in his native state until twenty-three years of age, then went to Ohio for one year, thence to Milwaukee, it being at that time a little hamlet without one frame house in completion. Going to Waukesha, Wisconsin, he made that place his home until coming to Minnesota in 1856. He, with his family, came the entire distance from Waukesha to Northfield, by ox team, bringing their stock with them, cows, pigs, and chickens. They were about four weeks on the road, and during the time did not enter a house, but camped in a tent prepared for the purpose. Arriving at Northfield, he settled on and pre-empted the farm which has since been his dwelling place. Although often asked to accept different offices in this state he has not done so, but was a member of the Wisconsin legislature two terms. Married in 1837, Miss Sarah Church, of Milwaukee. They have five children: Rollin C., living in Detroit, Michigan, he was in the army, and was assistant adjutant to General Sibley; M. T., who was in the army three years, and a sergeant in First Wisconsin Cavalry; Clara E, adopted, wife of H. Scriver, of Northfield; A.M. and S. M. (probably M.S.)



Source: A History of the Orvis Family in America, by Francis Wayland Orvis, 1922

Alvah Guveria Orvis left home when he was 17 years of age and hired out as a laborer for the C.M. & St. P. Ry in the employ of which company he continued until his retirement occasioned by the loss of a leg in a collision while on duty.  In point of service he was the oldest passenger locomotive engineer on that line at that time.

Early in 1863 when the first night express train was put on the Prairie du Chien Division of the Milwaukee Railroad, he qualified and took charge of it as engineer.  He was a member of the Masonic Order, a very faithful church-goer, being a member of the Congregational Church.



Source: A History of the Orvis Family in America, by Francis Wayland Orvis, 1922

Soon after the marriage he became a resident of Waukesha, Wis., and except for three or four years, this continued to be his home up to the time of this death.

He participated in the Civil War, serving as a private in Company F, 5th Wisconsin Volunteers Infantry, and lost his left arm in the battle of the Wilderness.  In Love's History of the War of the Rebellion (1866) at page 980, it says "Samuel E. Orvis, of Company F, 5th Regiment, came out of the a storm of bullets, at the battle for the Wilderness with a shattered arm, whose broken bones grated as it swung by his side, and walked more than a mile rather than take the place in an ambulance that some more needy one might want."
He was an indefatigable worker and it was often said of him that he could do more work with one arm than the average man would do with two.  As an evidence of this (being a carpenter by trade in his younger days), he built the family home in his disable condition,, with but very little assistance.

He was a member of the Methodist Episcopal Church, very devout and strictly temperate, never having used liquor or tobacco in any form.



Source: The National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution, Volume 91 page 153

Daughter of the American Revolution DAR ID # 90474 
Descendant of John Myrick and of Joseph Andrews

John Myrick
	b: 1760 in Granville
	d: 1834 in Dutchess County, N. Y.
	m. 1787
	to: Lois Cook
	b: 1768
	d: 1838
John Myrick served as a private in the Dutchess 
County militia under Capt. David Waterbury, Col. 
Henry Luddington's regiment. 

Child of John and Lois (Cook) Myrick:
	Lois Myrick
	b: 1802
	d: 1875
	m: 1821
	to: Morris Haight
	b: 1799
	d: 1870

Child of Morris and Lois (Myrick) Haight:
	Theron Wilber Haight
	b. 1840
	m. 1870
	to: Annie Youmans
	b. 1854

Child of Theron Wilber and Annie (Youmans) Haight:
	Margaret Adele Haight

Joseph Andrews
	b: 1719 in Norton, Mass.
	d: 1800 in Norton, Mass.
	m. Sarah Torrey
Joseph Andrews responded to the Rhode Island Alarm in 
Capt. John Allen's company, Col. Thomas Carpenter's 
Bristol County regiment.

Child of Joseph and Sarah (Torrey) Andrews:
	John Andrews
	b: 1766
	d: 1818
	to: Rebecca Webber
	b: 1772
	d: 1862

Child of John and Rebecca (Webber) Andrews:
	John Andrews, Jr.
	b: 1797
	d: 1892
	m. 1821
	to: Betsey Smith first wife
	b. 1792

Child of John and Betsey (Smith) Andrews, Jr.:
	Lucy Andrews
	b: 1824
	d: 1885
	to: Henry A. Youmans 
	b: 1816
	d: 1893

Child of Henry A. and Lucy (Andrews) Youmans:
	Annie Youmans
	b. 1854 (see Haight above)

Joseph Andrews (1719-1800) responded to the Rhode Island Alarm in 
Capt. John Allen's company, Col. Thomas Carpenter's Bristol County 
regiment. He was born and died in Norton, Mass. 

John Myrick (1760-1834) served as a private in the Dutchess County 
militia under Capt. David Waterbury, Col. Henry Luddington's regiment. 
He was born in Granville; died in Dutchess County, N. Y. 

Also No. 35057.